Tandoori baby corn
Tandoori baby corn in oven, baked with Indian spices just like we do panner. Full video, step by step pictures recipe.
- 15 Baby corn
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp besan or chickpea flour
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Kitchen king masala
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp butter
Place hung curd, besan, ginger garlic paste, all the spice powders, 1 tsp butter, lemon juice, ajwain and salt in a mixing bowl.Mix to a smooth mixture.
Add baby corn to it and carefully coat the baby corn without breaking it. Use large bowl for this.
Bake baby corn:
Preheat oven at 200 deg C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Grease it with butter and arrange the baby corn as single layer.
Bake it for 20 mins. Halfway through, take it out, brush with butter reserved and turn the tray, continue baking.
Once done, turn the temperature up, to 220 deg C and switch to grill mode. Put your baking tray in top rack and wait until you see browning here and there (Takes under 4 mins) and take out.
Keep an eye always as it can easily burnt. If your oven is small, you may even skip this step of grilling as it will brown within 20 mins. Depending upon oven, please adjust baking time.
Take out and slather the rest of butter all over the baby corn with brush.
- Grease the aluminium foil well as otherwise your baby corn will get stuck to it.
- Turn over the tray halfway through for even cooking.
- I clean baby corn by soaking in salt water plus vinegar or turmeric for 15 mins and pat dry, air dry completely before storing it.
- If you like you can add a tbsp of cream in the marinade for rich taste. I did this but my tikka turned mild spice, so skipped mentioning it in the ingredient. If you use it, make sure to balance spice.
- Butter adds good flavour as it gets roasted. You can use ghee or oil too.