Pesto paneer sandwich recipe
Pesto paneer sandwich recipe, a delicious sandwich with pesto twist. You can use store bought ready made pesto sauce for quick preparation, quite filling snack, perfect for hungry kids back from school.
- Bread slice - 4
- Pesto sauce - 1/4 cup
- Paneer - 3/4 cup measure after thawed
- Mozzarella cheese - 1/4 cup grated
- Onion - 1/2 chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 chopped
- Capsicum- 1/4 cup chopped
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp crushed
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp optional
- Butter - 1 tbsp
Keep paneer immersed in hot water until use. Heat a sandwich maker with grill plate.
In a bread slice, spread 1 & 1/2 to 2 tbsp of pesto sauce over it.
Arrange cubed paneer pieces and onion, tomato, capsicum over it.
Drizzle lemon juice if adding.
Sprinkle cheese as a layer, top with some crushed pepper. Cover with another slice of bread.
Spread butter over the top bread slice.
Grease the grill with generous butter and place the sandwich over it.
Toast for 2 mins or as per the instructions given by the toaster.
Once golden, remove and cut into triangles to serve. Repeat to finish.
- I took 1 cup frozen paneer cubes and kept immersed in hot water. It measured 3/4 cup once soft.
- You can use multi grain or whole wheat bread slices for healthier version.
- Use mozzarella than other processed cheese slice as cheese slices melt and makes the griller messy.