Fruit salad with tropical mint dressing
Fruit salad with tropical mint dressing topped with nuts for the crunch. Quick video step by step pictures post.
- 1 Apple
- 1 Orange
- ½ cup green grapes
- ½ cup strawberry chopped
- 1 mango chopped
- 8 Walnuts sunflower seeds or almonds works too
- Salt and pepper
- Few mint leaves for garnish
For tropical mint dressing
- 1 alphonso mango
- 10 mint leaves
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Prepare Tropical mint dressing
First place ginger, salt and mint leaves in the blender and blend roughly.
Top it with mango and other ingredients. I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in the last run. Blend smoothly.
Lastly add EVOO and run the blender to smooth texture.
To prepare fruit salad
Place all the fruits in a mixing bowl.
Top it with prepared tropical mint dressing. Mix well.
Finally garnish with chopped walnuts (I wash or soak for a while and chop), fresh mint leaves, salt and pepper as needed.
- If you use mango in salad, you can try pineapple in place of mango in the dressing. Or the other way round for a different flavour.
- You can prepare the dressing ahead and store upto 2 days. I used the dressing twice, so it can be used as two portions as you need it.
- Do not skimp on mint leaves or ginger as it plays the main flavour here.