Eggless Pancakes recipe
Eggless pancake recipe, soft and fluffy. Step by step detailed recipe for perfect golden pancakes made at home from scratch.
Servings: 6 pancakes
- 1 cup All purpose flour/ plain flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- Butter and honey - For topping
Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with the whisk.
Add milk along with oil and mix gently. Set aside for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes again give it a mix.
Heat an iron skillet (pan) until it gets hot. Switch off the stove and leave it for 5 minutes. Again switch on the flame and put it in medium flame.
Grease with butter and pour one big ladle full of batter carefully. Do not spread.
Wait until bubbles pop over the pancakes and the colour changes and flip carefully.
Cook the other side for a minute and transfer to serving plate.
- Iron skillet (pan) works best to get golden brown color and even cooking.
- If you want you can cover and cook after flipping, this makes it even more soft and locks the moisture.
- If you heat the pan really hot and make the pancake immediately, the pancakes turn dark brown in color. That’s why I have heated the pan and switched off for a while to bring the temperature medium. ( I saw this in a video in you tube)
- If the pan is too hot, the pancakes will have edges like flower. that is it wont be a perfect circle. So make sure to keep the heat medium.
- Use a big ladle (or a ¼ cup), so that for all the pancakes, you use only one and so all of them would be on same size.
- You can use whole wheat flour as well, but experiment with the milk volume as it may take more.
- You can add cinnamon or vanilla essence to make it more flavorful.
- You can make this same with non diary milk and make it VEGAN by avoiding butter and honey.