Pidi karunai kizhangu podimas recipe
Pidi karunai kizhangu podimas recipe, a simple recipe using karunai kizhangu. We call this pidi karunai kizhanghu. Learn how to make this healthy side dish for lunch.
- Pidi karunai kizhangu - 8
- Lemon juice - 1 & ½ tsp
- Onion - 1
- Green chilli - 6
- Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp Virgin Coconut oil if available
- salt - As needed
- Mustard - ½ tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut oil - ½ tsp
Pressure cook the kizhangu upto 3 whistles. Cool down and peel off the skin and mash it with your hands. Add salt and lime juice and mix well,check for salt and keep aside.
Chop the green chillies and onion.
Heat a kadai and add oil,when hot add mustard,when it splutters,add urad dal, followed by curry leaves,green chillies and onion.
Fry till onion turns transparent and light pink. Add the mashed kizhangu, kept aside.
Fry till moisture evaporates and gets golden roasted here and there. May take little long time but patiently do it in medium flame stirring occasionally. Lastly add coconut oil(If using) and grated coconut and cook until dry and aromatic.
- Buy and keep the pidi karunai kizhangu for a week and then use for cooking. Because if it is fresh, the itchiness quality will be more.
- Using tamarind or lemon juice helps to take out the itchiness effect.
- Use more green chilli accordingly to balance the taste.