Rava toast or sooji toast
Rava toast or sooji toast is an open toast with semolina (Rava/ Sooji) made to a savory batter and toasted in low flame.
- Semolina/ Rava/ Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Bread slices – 4
- Onion – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Finely chopped capsicum – 1/4 cup or
- Grated carrot – 3 tbsp
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp You can skip this totally and use more green chilli
- Curd/ Plain yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Cream - 2 tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves– 2 tbsp Finely chopped
- Salt – As needed
- Oil/ ghee/ butter – As needed
Mix all the ingredients except bread and oil in a mixing bowl. Use milk and cream to make a thick batter. Add water if needed to loosen the texture.
Spread the batter over one side of the bread slice as a thick layer. Heat tawa / cast iron griddle and drizzle with generous oil/ ghee or some butter. Put the batter applied side to the tawa.
Cook in low or medium flame until golden crust is formed. Flip and toast until crisp.
- I added colour capsicum as I had it in stock and wanted to use it up. It gave a nice flavour. You an use simply grated carrot. You can increase onion if you want.
- You can skip green chilli if kids are having it.
- Add grated ginger for extra flavour.
- Using milk or cream makes it more tastier and rich.
- Updated video has yellow capsicum instead of red and skipped red chilli powder. So it looks more pale in colour.