Goduma dosai, instant wheat dosa
Godhuma dosa / Godumai dosai or instant wheat dosa is one easy breakfast, made within 20 minutes. Quick video, step by step post.
- Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1
- Green chilli - 1
- Ginger- 1 tsp grated or finely chopped
- Salt as needed
- Buttermilk - 1/4 cup optional
- Water as needed
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- curry leaves - few
Chop finely onion, green chilli. Take both the flour, onion, chilli, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl.
Use a whisk and add water gradually and mix well. The batter should be watery, not too watery, but thin than the usual dosa batter. Add buttermilk if adding in this stage.
Heat a dosa pan and grease with oil. Pour the batter first outer to form a ring and then in the middle to fill it.
The dosa is supposed to be thin, so adjust the consistency of batter and also do not pour over and over.
Drizzle some more oil and cook in medium flame. Flip if you want to cook both sides.
I usually do not flip as it gets cooked easily.
- If dosa doesn't gets cooked while you cook one side, better to flip the dosa. I think without flipping, cooking the dosa in medium flame one side gives a crispy result.
- You can temper the batter with mustard, urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies and then sauté the onions, add it to the batter. My mom does that way.
- If you have sour leftover idli dosa batter, then you can add the wheat flour to that batter and mix and make dosa same way as above. Idli dosa batter can be upto 3-4 laddles.
- You can just add Jeera and salt to make this dosa skipping chilli, ginger and onion.