Cherry limeade, quick easy version
Cherry limeade, quick easy version for a refreshing drink. Quick video, step by step pictures.
- 10 cherries
- 1 lime large
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- water as needed
- Ice cubes for serving
How to pit cherries:
Clean, wash, stem the cherries. Insert a straw through the place were it was attached to the stem/ stalk.
The seed will come through when the straw comes out. Repeat to finish all.
To make cherry limeade
Place pitted cherries in blender with sugar. Puree it well.
Pass through metal strainer. Add approx 1 cup water and bring out all the juice through the strainer.
Add salt, squeeze lime. Mix well.
Fill half of the serving glasses ice cubes. Pour the limeade over it and serve immediately.
- You can reduce or increase sugar as per taste.
- Use lemon if you like to use it. Lime is green in colour, sour in nature than lemon. So adjust accordingly.
- Sugar can be substituted with any natural sweeteners like honey.
- Salt balances the sour/ sweet taste.
- Since we serve with lot of ice, water quantity has to be adjusted as needed.