Paal payasam recipe
Paal payasam recipe (Milk kheer) Gokulashtami recipes - Easy to make yet delicious payasam/ kheer recipe for Kutti Krishnan
- Milk - 4 cups 1 litre
- Rice - 2 tbsp raw rice or basmati
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Sugar - ½ cup
- saffron, cardamom powder Optional Garnish
Roast rice in a pan with ghee in medium flame. Powder it to a coarse powder (just break the rice).
Take a pressure cooker(I used 3.5 litre pot shaped cooker) and grease it with few drops of ghee.
Add milk and bring to boil, add the powdered rice and pressure cook for a whistle.(I add a small plate to avoid burnt bottom)
After a whistle, keep the flame in lowest possible and continue heating for 10 minutes.
After that open the cooker and add sugar and continue boiling in low flame for another 10 minutes until you get a thick consistency.
- I have done without powdering too.
- Use large pressure cooker, enough to hold the payasam. Otherwise it overflows a lot as it is milk
- Greasing with few drops of ghee before boiling prevents burnt bottom as well as overflowing.