Smashed cucumber salad
Smashed cucumber salad juicy, spicy and fragrant. Perfect way to jazz up a salad for summer. quick video, step wise pictures.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp rice vinegar I used apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 birds eye chilli I deseeded it, or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
Gather ingredients needed. Wash and pat dry cucumber completely.
Cut the ends, smash all around the cucumber firmly by holding the knife flat. Use broad knife.
The cucumber should break into 2-3. Cut roughly diagonally.
Place smashed cucumber in a mixing bowl. Mix salt. You can keep aside for 10 mins and choose to drain the water.
Add minced chilli (or chilli flakes), sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, oil and chopped coriander leaves.
Mix well to serve.
- You can use natural sweeteners like maple syrup or honey in place of sugar.
- Use toasted sesame seeds for garnish if you like.
- Adjust the sauce and vinegar according to the size of cucumber.