Quinoa black bean salad
Quinoa black bean salad is an easy and filling salad, can be had as an wholesome meal. Quick video post.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 cup Black bean cooked
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup Tomato chopped/ I used cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Cucumber Diced
- ½ cup Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey I didn't add in the video
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 Birds eye chilli or 1 Jalapeno
- Salt & pepper
How to cook quinoa
Wash quinoa well and strain using a metal strainer.
Add water in 1:2 ratio (½ cup quinoa, 1 cup water) and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
Once done, fluff with fork.
How to cook black bean:
Wash and soak black bean for ½ hour. Drain the water once done.
Boil 4 -5 cups water and the bean with required salt.
Bring to boil, simmer until soft. Take 15-20 mins.
Drain and set aside.
Gather all ingredients required. Take onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander, chilli, garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
Add olive oil, lime juice, honey, salt, black pepper and mix well.
In goes cooked quinoa and black bean. Mix to serve.
- You can cook quinoa and black bean ahead, store in refrigerator and use for 5 days.
- You can use any legume like red kidney bean, chana or canned bean too.
- Sweet corn, red bell pepper can be added.
- Use ground cumin or red chilli powder or Tex-Mex seasoning for more flavour.