Easy pepper garlic rasam recipe
Easy pepper rasam with garlic. A natural remedy to make you feel better for common cold, etc.
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 Red chilli
- 6 flakes Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind 1 small goose berry sized
- Salt - As per needed
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafetida
Soak tamarind and extract the tamarind juice, keep aside. Crush the pepper and red chilli (also can grind in mixer) coarsely.
Add the garlic(with skin) and crush them roughly.
Heat a kadai and the items under the ‘To Temper’ table, followed by the quarter part of the crushed pepper and garlic and fry a little.
Add the tamarind extract and bring to boil.
Add the remaining crushed pepper and garlic and salt. mix well and switch off (don’t let boil)
- Do not boil the rasam, just switch off when it is about to start to boil.
- If you boil for long time as it may turn bitter.
- Also dont add more of pepper than mentioned and if you want more spicy, increase red chilli to 2-3 numbers.
- Don't grind garlic as it may turn the smell too strong and unpleasant. So just crush it.
- You can skip adding half the ground item for frying and half later and add everything later in boiling tamarind water itself.