Baby corn pepper fry
Baby corn pepper fry, simple, quick stir fry with baby corn. Goes well as side dish for rice based lunch menu. Stepwise photos.
- 10 Baby corn
- 1 Onion
- 3 flakes Garlic
- ¾ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Tomato ketchup or sauce
- Salt - As needed
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
Clean and cut baby corn into thin rounds. You can cut as long thin strips too, but I always cut into thin circles.
Pressure cook in a small pressure cooker it with little water and salt for a whistle. Quick release the steam.
In a pan, heat oil and temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table, followed by crushed garlic. You can use your garlic press or finely chop too.
Fry onion till transparent. Add cooked baby corn, salt, ketchup, chilli powder, pepper powder.
Mix and stir in medium flame for 3 minutes. Drizzle little oil if needed.
- Adding half chilli powder and half pepper powder adds spiciness and flavor to the stir fry. So I recommend using chilli powder too for best results.
- Skip sauce, add lemon juice towards end to balance the spice.
- You can skip onion in the recipe.