Makhane kheer, phool makhana ka kheer
Makhane kheer, phool makhana ka kheer is an easy kheer made with simple ingredients. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
- 1 cup Phool makhana/ puffed lotus seeds
- 2 cups Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Evaporated milk
- 1 Saffron pinch
- 2 Green cardamom
- ½ teaspoon Ghee
First heat a pan, roast makhane in ghee for 2 minutes.
Crush them roughly with hands. It will be crisp, so easy to crush.
Boil milk and add makhane.
Add saffron soaked in warm milk and sugar.
Boil for 5 minutes until the milk reduces.
Add evaporated milk, powdered cardamom. Bring to boil and switch off the flame.
- If you want, you can replace evaporated milk with condensed milk, but reduce sugar to 2 tbsp.
- Evaporated milk is thick, reduced milk but not sweetened.
- You can add chopped almonds, cashew, pistachios along with makhane for rich kheer.