Cabbage rice recipe
Cabbage rice recipe, a quick and easy method with spice powders and cooked rice. You can use leftover rice too and make a hearty meal with goodness of cabbage. Full video and step by step pictures.
- 3 cups Rice cooked
- 2 cups Cabbage shredded
- 1 Onion
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Ghee - 1 or 2 tsp
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt - as needed
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal
- 2 Green chilli slit
- 1 tablespoon Ginger finely chopped
Shred cabbage using a sharp mandoline slicer. If not, you can choose to use knife to cut into thin strips or finely chop too.
Heat a pan with oil and splutter ½ teaspoon mustard seeds. Add 1 teaspoon of each urad dal and chana dal. Let it roast crisp.
Add 2 slit Green chilli and 1 tablespoon of very finely chopped ginger. Add 1 finely chopped onion and stir fry for a minute. Add 2 cups of shredded cabbage.
Add 1 teaspoon of each chilli and coriander powders and ¼ teaspoon turmeric. Mix well for a minute.
Cook covered for 2 minutes in medium flame or low flame, until cabbage is cooked. Add cooked rice, required salt and 2 teaspoon of ghee.
Mix well. Switch off flame and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- Do not over cook the cabbage.
- Adjust spice levels according to preference. You can use virgin coconut oil in place of ghee for vegan version.