Panchamirtham / Panchamrut recipe
Panchamirtham / Panchamrut recipe offered as prasadam with banana, dates, raisin, brown sugar and honey as main ingredients. Quick video, stepwise photos.
- 1 Banana Long variety / 1 cup sliced
- 4 Dates deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp Raisin
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 & ½ tbsp Honey
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Edible camphor mustard size
- ½ tbsp Sugar candy Kalkandu
- 1 tsp Ghee
Gather all the ingredients needed for the panjamirtham. Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
Mash well with your hands or using a potato masher. The fruits can be seen, no need to mash smoothly. I added sugar candy lastly.
- If you want you can replace brown sugar with jaggery.
- You can skip edible camphor too.
- Add fresh fruits like apple, green grapes.
- Adjust sweetness according to you preference.
- This is eaten as prasadam, so just a spoon. It will be on sweeter side because of all those honey, sugar and sugar candy along with the fruits.