Veg kothu parotta
Veg kothu parotta recipe Saravana bhavan restaurant style - Learn how to make kothu parotta without egg. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
- 2 Parotta I used frozen
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 cup Veg kurma
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger or ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder heaped
- Garam masala powder or Kitchen king masala
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Cloves
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
I used Pillsbury frozen parotta. Cooked in tawa until golden. Cool down and tear it roughly into tiny bits.
Heat a pan with oil and temper with the things under ‘To temper’ table, followed by onion.
Fry until onion turns transparent. Add chopped tomato and little required salt.
Cook until soft. Add masala powder and red chilli powder.
Give it a fry in low flame. Add torn parotta.
Mix well until the masala coats the parotta. Make a dent in middle and add veg kurma.
Mix and cook for 2- 3 minutes or until the kurma gets absorbed by the parotta evenly and becomes soft.
- If you have stone flower / kal pasi you can add along tempering.
- You can add biryani masala in place of garam masala or pav bhaji masala.
- Try ginger garlic paste in place of ginger.
- You can add less kurma than mentioned from ½ to ¾ cup.
- If you don’t have kurma, then you can pour little water, with salt and more masala powders in it. Vegetables can be added in that case along with tomato.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves, but I like curry leaves flavour dominate the dish.
- Left over kurma can be used the best for kothu parotta .
- You can also use leftover chana masala (Chana kurma) in this.