Pasi paruppu payasam recipe
Pasi paruppu payasam is quick, easy recipe to prepare on festival days. A traditional recipe my mom makes for even a Friday quick payasam.
- ½ cup Pasi paruppu Moong dal
- ¼ cup Jaggery adjust as per ur taste
- ½ Milk
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Cardamom powdered
- 4 Cashews broken into pieces
Fry moong dal with little ghee until you get the roasted fragrance, also you should not let it brown too much.
Add enough water (¾ cup, approx) and milk and pressure cook up to 3 whistles.
After done, mix well in a mashing way and add powdered jaggery to this.
Boil in low flame for 2 minutes and add milk/ water as per the need to adjust the consistency.
- You can cook fully in milk, instead water for more rich taste. But make sure the milk you use is boiled and cooled if its fresh milk especially.
- If you feel your jaggery has impurities, first heat the jaggery with water just to immerse it and melt the jaggery. Strain it through a metal strainer and add this to the payasam.
- You can add raisins for enhancing the taste if you like.
- Don’t over cook and mash the dal and make the payasam like porridge. The texture is very important.