Pina colada popsicles
How to make pina colada popsicles, with pineapple and coconut milk as main ingredients. A perfect summer treat for the whole family.
- ½ Pineapple
- ¼ cup Coconut cream/ thick coconut milk -
- 3 tbsp Sugar or as per your taste
- Water - as needed
Using a mighty sharp sturdy knife, cut top and bottom off the pineapple.
Peel off the skin, eliminate the black spots in the pineapple. You can use a carving knife for this, but I used the same chopping chef knife.
Remove the center hard part and chop roughly.
Add coconut milk, sugar. Blend everything smoothly.
Filter through metal strainer. Pour into popsicle molds.
Freeze overnight. To take out the popsicle out from the mold smoothly, show in tap water for a minute and pull gently.
- Since it is coconut cream which is rich and thick, I have used only ¼ cup. If using fresh, it may be needed more.
- You can grind fresh coconut along with pineapple instead of adding coconut milk.
- Can have the same as virgin pina colada drink before freezing in moulds.