Oats Kanji - Indian style oats porridge
Oats Kanji - Indian style oats porridge (drinkable) for breakfast with garlic, coconut milk and spices. Perfect to suit Indian taste buds.
- ½ cup Instant Oats I used Quaker easy cook
- 6 Flakes of Garlic
- 3 tablespoon Carrot chopped
- ½ Tomato chopped
- 1 Green chilli Chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Fennel crush slightly
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated Coconut Or Low fat Milk - ¼ cup
Pressure cook everything with enough water (just add to cover the oats), except coconut or milk in the above ingredients up to 2 whistles.
Open the cooker and mash it well with a masher. Make sure you mash the garlic properly so that the flavor blends well.
Extract milk from the coconut by grinding it with lukewarm water and squeeze out the milk.
Add the extracted milk or low fat milk to the porridge and mix well and just heat a little.
- Instead of extracting coconut milk, you can also add it grated as such.