Ramzan Nombu kanji recipe
Nombu kanji recipe, veg version of Ramadan nombu kanji, a south Indian porridge with goodness of coconut milk, moong dal to heal our tummy.
- ½ cup Raw rice or seeraga samba rice
- 2 tablespoon moong dal
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- ¼ cup carrot beans
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 8 Mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 & ½ cup water for cooking
- 2 cups water later
- Salt as needed
- To temper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Cardamom
Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Temper with cinnamon, cardamom.
Add onion and fry till onion turns soft.
Tip in the ginger garlic paste. In goes tomato, vegetables.
Saute for couple of minutes. Add 1 & ½ cups water, washed rice and dal.
Mix well and bring to boil. Pressure cook for 4 whistles in medium flame.
Once done, mash it well. Add 1 & ½ to 2 cups more water. Mix well.
Bring to boil and simmer the flame. Add the coconut milk.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use grated coconut. ½ cup to 1 cup fresh grated coconut.
- You can increase moong dal more.