Instant Pot Mac and cheese recipe
Instant Pot Mac and cheese, creamy, cheesy one pot dish with quick video, step by step photos.
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic
- ¼ tsp Mustard
- ½ cup Cheddar grated & measure heaped
- ½ cup Italian cheese mix or use ½ cup cheddar/ Gruyere - grated & measure heaped
Pour 2 cups water in Instant pot. Add butter, salt, garlic powder & mustard powder to it. Stir well to mix.
Add macaroni in a sprinkled way. Make sure all are immersed in water. Do not stir.
Pressure cook in High pressure (Normal) for 3 minutes. Let the pressure go down naturally or wait for minimum 15 mins to open lid.
Immediately add half the cream, half the cheese and mix well to melt cheese and bring a creamy sauce.
Add the rest of cream and cheese and mix well until no cheese is seen.
Give 5 mins standing time and serve.
- Add cheese and cream little by little and mix.
- Do not add mix cheese without cream as it will turn lumpy.
- You can add more cheese for more cheesy results.
- Note that there is no heating after macaroni is done. But do add cheese, cream as soon as you open lid.
- Total time takes around 40 mins to finish the dish though the active cooking time is less, rest is waiting time for Instant Pot