Soya bean dry curry recipe
Soya bean dry curry, such a healthy and tasty dish made with flavorful spicy masala. With step by step pictures, a must try recipe.
- ½ cup Dried soya bean - ½ cup
- 1 Onion - 1
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric - ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt - as needed
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
To grind coarsely
- 3 tablespoon Coconut grated
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Red chilli
- 2 Cloves Garlic small variety
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- Curry leaves - a sprig
Wash and soak the soya bean over night.
Next day, drain water and pressure cook with salt and little water (¼ cup). If you don't add salt, then the bean will get over cooked and get mushy.
Grind the items given under the table ‘To grind’ to a coarse paste and keep a side.
Heat a pan with oil and temper with the items given under ‘to temper’ table.
Add chopped onion and fry till transparent. Tip in the cooked soya beans.
Add turmeric and the ground paste and add ¼ cup water and mix well.
Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the water evaporates and the masala starts browning.
Add a teaspoon of coconut oil for an extra flavor!
- You can also try making the simple way like we do other sundals too..
- This masala we grind is very very flavorful, while you grind you can smell it ,the whole house would smell while you make this curry!