Pesarattu is an Andhra special dosa variety made with whole green gram, ginger, cumin. Healthy, nutritious breakfast idea, easy to prepare.
- 1 cup Whole green moong green gram
- 2 tablespoon Raw rice I used rice flour
- 1 inch Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 Onion Optional
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida optional
- Salt & Water - As needed
First, wash whole green moong 2-3 times and soak with rice overnight.
Morning drain the water. Take ginger, green chilli, cumin seeds, salt, half the moong in blender.
Add enough water, grind smoothly. Transfer to mixing bowl.
Grind remaining moong and transfer to mixing bowl.
Add rice flour and water if needed to adjust consistency. It should be like idli dosa batter.
Heat a tawa and spread just like we make dosa, add oil.
Flip to cook on the other side too. Cook in medium flame each side or till slightly golden brown. You can also skip flipping and slow cook until crisp like we do plain roast.
- You can make pesarattu with sprouted whole green moong too.
- This is my own version of pesarattu, I have made my own changes, so it may vary from authentic recipe!
- You can top with onions like how we make onion dosa.