Mango Shrikhand is a yogurt (dahi) based Indian dessert variation of Gujarati famous Shrikhand. Quick video, stepwise photos.
- ½ cup Hung curd
- ¼ cup Mango pulp
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon Chopped nuts
Hang curd in a thin clean cloth like a cheese cloth/ muslin cloth for atleast 3 hours. All water should drain.
Transfer this hung curd to a mixing bowl. ( I used 1 & ¼ cup curd to get ½ cup hung curd).
Add sugar, mango pulp, cardamom with this hung curd and mix well.
Beat using a whisk until smooth and transfer to the serving bowl.
Garnish with nuts. Cover and refrigerate until cold before serving.
- To puree mango, just scoop the flesh and grind it in a blender without water.
- Fresh mango works best, but readymade mango pulp can also be used, adjust sugar accordingly.
- The cardamom flavor should be more, so add generously.
- Adjust the sugar quantity according to the sweetness of the mango and your sweet preference.
- Nuts like almonds and pistachios can be used. The chopped nuts can be mixed with the shrikhand too.