Leftover chapati recipes - Roti pinwheels
Leftover chapati recipes - Roti pinwheels with simple vegetable spread, perfect for snack, starter or lunch box for kids.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 Roti Leftover chapati
- 1 cup Curd plain yogurt
- 1 Carrot
- ½ Capsicum
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds powder
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Pickle
- Salt - as needed
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
Take curd in a clean kitchen towel or muslin cloth and hang it for minimum 1 hr to get rid of the excess water.
Meanwhile, heat a pan with oil and splutter mustard. Add shredded carrot, cabbage and capsicum. Give it a fry.
Add required salt and cook for 2 mins.
In a mixing bowl, take the hung curd, vegetables, roasted cumin seeds powder, red chilli powder, pickle and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
Take the chapati/ roti, spread a tablespoon or two of the prepared spread. Roll it.
Cut into bite sized pieces to serve.
- Sour cream, cream cheese can be used in place of hung curd.
- Nutella and thinly sliced fruits can also be used for dessert version.
- You can prepare this with fresh or leftover rotis.
- If using curd, make sure to hang it to get rid of the excess water.