Pizza bun recipe, homemade pizza buns
Pizza bun recipe, homemade pizza buns with step by step pictures. Perfect for snack box or back from school snack.
Servings: 8 Buns
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- ½ cup Milk
- ⅛ cup olive oil or melt butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Active dry yeast
For the filling
- 1 Capsicum chopped
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato optional
- ½ cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 Pasta sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oregano or any dried Italian herb
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 teaspoon oil
Heat milk until lukewarm, dissolve sugar and yeast completely in it.
Let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes the mixture would have been raised to frothy, proving that the yeast is active.
If not, your yeast is not active and use active yeast. Buy a fresh batch or try different brand.
Meanwhile, take flour in a large bow and make a dent in the middle.
Add salt, oil and the yeast mixture in the dent and knead well to a smooth pliable dough. More you knead, better the texture.
If sticky sprinkle little more flour, if too dry sprinkle some water. The dough should be smooth and pliable.
Let it rest for 1 hour. Wrap the bowl with cling wrap or wet towel.
After an hour the dough should have been raised. Punch it down and knead to make it smooth.
Make equal sized balls and arrange in a greased baking tray.
Heat a pan with oil and fry capsicums, tomato and onion for just a minute.
Cool down and add sauce, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and chilli flakes . Mix well.
Make pizza bun
Flatten the prepared dough balls and keep a small lemon sized ball of the filling.
Pinch the edges towards center to cover the filling.
Arrange in the baking tray with the sealed side down. Make sure you have sealed properly, otherwise, the cheese will ooze out.
Pre heat the oven to 190o C (10 mins) and till then brush the buns with milk.
Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the buns start becoming golden brown on the top.
Take out and cool over wire rack. Brush generously with butter when hot.
- While sealing the buns, you can use water if you find it difficult to do so.
- Adjust the baking time accordingly. Keep an eye on the buns after 15 minutes.
- You can sprinkle white sesame seeds or any herb on the top before baking the buns.