Rasawala aloo recipe
Rasawala aloo or aloo tamatar is a tangy tomato based gravy. This tangy gravy is perfect for poori. Simple recipe for rasawala aloo with step by step pictures.
- 3 Tomato cubed
- 3 Green chilli
- ¾ tablespoon Chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon Coriander seeds powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt - As needed
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- 2 Pinches Asafoetida
First grind chopped tomato, green chilli, ginger to a smooth paste.
Heat a kadai with oil and splutter cumin seeds, add asafoetida. In low flame, add all - red chilli, coriander, cumin seeds and turmeric powders.
Take care not to burn and give it a stir. Add ground tomato mixture, sugar and salt.
Cook till oil oozes out. Add cubed potato.
Add 1 & ½ cup water and boil to reduce it to a fairly thick gravy. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Sugar is added to balance acidity in tomatoes.
- Adding kashmiri red chilli powder gives nice color.