Khoya rava coconut ladoo
Khoya rava coconut ladoo prepared by steaming method. Soft delectable ladoos rolled in desiccated coconut.
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- ¾ cup Rava Sooji
- 1 cup Sweetened khoya Paal kova
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 12 Raisin
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoon Ghee
- Desiccated coconut optional
In a flat bottomed vessel, mix coconut, rava, khoya well.
Add milk at room temperature and mix.
Steam it for 30 mins. I used my pressure cooker itself without the weight valve (Whistle).
Once done, fluff it and bring to warm temperature. Add ghee fried cashew nuts and raisins.
Powder sugar and add it to the cooked mixture and mix well.
Make equal sized balls to ladoos. If desired, roll with desiccated coconut.
- Do not add powdered sugar when the mixture is hot.
- Adjust sugar quantity as per your taste. ½ cup was perfect for our taste.
- If you do not have sweetened khoya, you can use the plain khoya and prepare the same way. Add more sugar when done.
- I used milk peda from Murugan idli shop. Any brown palgova should work for this recipe.
- My friend did not ask me to roll the ladoo over desiccated coconut. But I did as I wanted to give it a pretty look as well as the flavour of desiccated coconut.