Besan Ladoo Recipe
Besan ladoo is one of the popular sweets made widely in India for festivals. With few simple ingredients, it makes a perfect treat for celebrations.
Servings: 10 Ladoo
- ½ cup Besan Chickpea flour
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup minus 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Cardamom
- Nuts optional - For Garnish
Roast besan well in medium flame with constant stirring until it turns deep golden brown in colour.
Take care not to burn the flour, as well as make sure roasted well.
Cool down and sieve it well.
Powder sugar with cardamom and add to the roast flour in a mixing bowl.
Melt ghee and add the hot ghee to it.
Mix well with a spatula and when it is warm enough to handle, make ladoos.
Shape tightly when it is still warm.
- At one stage the flour starts browning at the bottom of the pan, so keep stirring carefully without letting it burn.
- If not roasted properly, then the raw smell of besan and taste of besan will not be pleasant.
- You can add upto ¼ cup ghee for this recipe to get SHINY ladoos. I didn't wanted it to look shiny, so I had hold 1 tablespoon ghee.
- You can also add the ghee to the flour while frying and just add the powdered sugar to it and make ladoos.
- Ghee is the only flavor that brings taste to the ladoos, so never reduce it than mentioned.