Khoya modak recipe
Khoya modak is an easy recipe yet rich Ganesh Chaturthi special recipe. With just 3 main ingredients, it turns out delicious and yummy, that all your family members would love.
Servings: 4 large modak
- 1 cup Khoya
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Saffron – A pinch
- 2 teaspoon Milk
- Ghee – to grease
I used frozen khoya. so firstly I brought it to room temperature and measured 1 cup in crumbled form.
Heat it in a non stick pan over medium flame for 5 minutes or until it oozes out fat.
Take care not to change it's colour much.
Cool down until warm and then add powdered sugar. Add cardamom, saffron soaked in warm milk and make a dough.
Grease a modak mold with ghee and fill it with this mixture. Level the bottom.
Unmold carefully and arrange in a plate. Make sure to grease the mold every time to make the modak.
- The khoya was ½ cup after cooking, so I took ¼ cup sugar. Keep this as guidance.
- Do not add more milk or else it will become too sticky.
- In case it becomes sticky, add some milk powder.
- If its sticky, you can keep in fridge for better handling.
- You can use icing sugar, the quantity may slightly vary as it has corn starch in it.