homemade ginger garlic paste
How to make ginger garlic paste at home and a simple peas pulao recipe with it. Stepwise photos for beginners.
Servings: 1 cup
- ¾ cup Ginger chopped roughly
- 1 cup Garlic flakes Big variety
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 tablespoon Oil
Wash ginger firstly and peel the skin.
I get big palm size ginger, so I use the vegetable peeler and just peel the skin of ginger. You can use a spoon or a paring knife to scrape the skin.
After that peel garlic ( I took 3 whole bulbs)
Take ginger, garlic, oil and turmeric in a blender.
Grind to a smooth paste. Don’t use your hands to mix at any time while grinding, use spoon/ silicone spoonula.
Transfer the paste to clean air tight containers and store in refrigerator. You may use up to 3 weeks if you handle well.
- Use always clean spoon.
- Never let your hand touch the insides of the mouth of the bottle while you scoop the GG paste. Other wise it will ruin and turn black in the sides.
- Take out of the fridge only when you need and keep back immediately after you use!
- Turmeric and oil gives a good colour as well as they serve as natural preservatives too!