Coconut ladoo with condensed milk
Coconut ladoo with condensed milk, an easiest Diwali sweet recipe of all, prepared under 15 minutes.
- ½ tin Milkmaid/ condensed milk 145 ml approx
- 2 & ½ cups Desiccated coconut ½ cup for rolling
- Ghee - For greasing
- 2 tablespoon Milk powder optional
In a non stick pan, add condensed milk, 2 cups grated coconut, milk powder if using.
Heat over medium flame and stir for 4 - 5 minutes or until the mixture turns non sticky and becomes a mass.
Switch off the flame and let it become warm. In a plate place the remaining grated coconut.
Make equal sized balls out of the mixture and roll these ladoos over the grated coconut. Grease your hands with ghee each time while rolling.
- I used desiccated coconut. If using fresh coconut, take care not to choose too young, tender coconut.
- Avoid scraping the coconut too much with the brown part, as it will spoil the color of the ladoos.
- If your coconut is too moist, dry roast without changing its colour.
- Make sure your keep the flame always in medium flame.
- You can refrigerate the ladoos, but since coconut, consume within couple of days.