Butternut squash soup recipe
Butternut pumpkin or butternut squash soup recipe with carrot. Easy pressure cooker method without any complicated steps or ingredients
- 1 & ½ cups Butternut pumpkin cubed - 1 & ½ cup
- ½ cup Carrot sliced - ½ cup
- ¼ Onion cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin ground
- 2 teaspoon Butter or olive oil
- Black pepper as needed
Peel skin of butternut pumpkin and carrot. Cut and measure both. Chop onion roughly.
In a small pressure cooker, heat butter/ oil and sautee garlic and onion just for a minute.
Add cumin powder. Fry for a minute in medium heat.
Add the chopped veggies and continue cooking for 2 mins.
Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
Once, done, add salt. Use an immersion blender and grind smoothly.
- You can add extra ¼ cup water if you want it on thinner side.
- A sprig of coriander leaves will be a nice addition.