Instant grape pickle recipe
Instant grape pickle recipe, sweet, sour, spicy. An easy pickle that can be prepared under 15 minutes, a perfect side dish for curd rice or as such too.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1 cup Green grapes
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 pinch Fenugreek seeds roasted, powdered
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
Wash, pat dry grapes firstly and slit into two, mix salt.
Heat a kadai with oil, temper with mustard.
Once it splutters, switch off the flame.
Add red chilli, turmeric, fenugreek seed and asafoetida powders and stir.
Add grapes and switch on the flame. fry for a minute. Instant grape pickle ready!
- Adjust red chilli powder's quantity according to its spice level.
- Make sure before adding the powders, the oil is not too hot. Otherwise the powders will get burnt and spoil the taste and flavour.
- Especially when it is iron kadai or heavy bottomed vessel.
- Cook the pickle such that the grape does not change its shape.
- You can do this even without slitting grape, by piercing the grape using tooth pick.