Vendakkai thayir pachadi
Vendakkai thayir pachadi or okra thayir pachadi is one of my favorite. My mom makes it often on festival days when she makes full south Indian spread.
Servings: 2 people
- 15 Ladies finder okra/ vendakkai - small
- 1 cup Curd Plain yogurt
- ¼ cup Coconut grated
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 Asafoetida generous pinch
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
Slice the okra into thin circles.
Saute in sesame oil until the slime property goes away.
Grind coconut, chilli with little water smoothly.
In a bowl, mix sauteed okra, beaten curd, ground coconut, salt.
Temper the items given under ‘To temper’ table.Add to the pachadi and mix everything.
- Sesame oil helps in reducing the sliminess of the okra.
- Adjust curd and ladies finger as per your need.
- Make sure to fry the okra well.