Nellikai thayir pachachi recipe
Nellikai thayir pachadi is one of my favorites. Mom makes this both like this way and with dried nellikkai/ Amla (gooseberry).
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Nellikkai big variety Indian gooseberry
- 4 tablespoon Grated coconut
- 2 pinches Asafoetida
- 4 Green chilli
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 3 pinches Asafoetida
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
Wash amla and slice the sides to get rid of the seed in the middle.
Place the grated coconut, amla, green chillies in the mixer.
Grind it with little water to a paste.
In a mixing bowl, beat the curd and add salt, ground mix and mix together.
Add asafoetida and temper with the items given under ‘to temper’ table. Mix well.
- According to the saline (thuvarpu), adjust the curd and coconut to balance it.
- Adding asafoetida both while tempering and while mixing adds a great flavour.
- Use thick curd and beat it before mixing.
- As nellikkai is said to be coolant, avoid having it at the night.