Dahi puri recipe
Dahi puri is my top most favorite among the chaat recipes! It's just not for me, but popular among India, mainly north Indian street food.
Servings: 2 people
- 12 Crispy mini puri
- 1 Potato boiled & cubed
- ¾ cup Green peas any cooked legume like black chickpeas, whole green gram
- ¾ cup Sev
- Green chutney
- Sweet chutney
- 1 cup Curd beat smoothly with a tablespoon of sugar
- Chaat masala For sprinkling on top
- Red chilli powder For sprinkling on top
- Coriander leaves for garnish
You can prepare chutneys, sev, puri beforehand 2-3 days well ahead. After that making chaat at home is easy!
Gather the ingredients needed together firstly. Break the puris in the middle to make a hole and place in a serving plate.
Secondly, stuff loosely the boiled potato cubes and green peas. Add a dash of sweet and green chutneys over it. Above this, add the thick beaten sweet curd.
Pour the remaining curd over the puri and again sprinkle green and red chutneys over the puris.
Finally, sprinkle sev all over and red chilli, chaat masala powder and coriander leaves too.
- If the chutneys and puris are ready, then your snack time will be enjoyable. You can always make use of readymade items too. In India then these puri and chutneys are readily available.
- Use thick curd and beat it with sugar for tasty dahi puris.