Cabbage vada recipe
Cabbage vada / muttaikose vadai tastes similar to our medhu vadai. You may never know it has cabbage. Cabbage tastes similar to onion in this vadai.
Servings: 10 vadai
- ½ cup Urad dal white, whole
- 1 cup Finely chopped cabbage
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
Wash and soak urad dal for 2 – 3 hours.
Drain water completely and grind it with 2 tablespoon of water in a mixer.
Do not grind for long time, just use juice/inch/pulse option and grind slowly, wipe the sides of the jar frequently.
Add a tablespoon of water each time when you open the lid.
Grind to a smooth thick paste. Add all the ingredients to this and mix well in a bowl.
Wet your hands and make a smooth ball, make a hole in the middle using your thumb and drop carefully in hot oil in the kadai.
Cook both sides in medium flame until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- Use less water while grinding. You can mix a teaspoon of rice flour in the batter to make the vada extra crisp!
- Add salt only just before you are going to make.