Gobi masala restaurant style
Gobi masala restaurant style, with masala and spice powders, this flavor lingers in your mouth and even hands after you eat.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 Cauliflower head
- 2 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomato Finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander seeds powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Biryani masala powder optional
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt - As needed
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 cardamom
- 1 Clove
Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat it with oil and temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table.
Add curry leaves,chopped onions and fry till transparent.
Then add Ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame.
After that, add the chopped tomatoes, salt and fry till it becomes soft and mushy.
Add all the masala powders and fry in medium flame for 3 minutes or until raw smell goes off.
Then add the cleaned cauliflower florets, cut into bite sized pieces and add ¼ cup water and mix well.
Cook covered in medium flame until cauliflower is done. Add coriander leaves and fry for 3-5 more minutes. Add more oil if needed.
- Clean cauliflower properly before cooking it by immersing it in hot water with salt & turmeric for 10 minutes.
- Do not over cook as it will turn the cauliflower mushy.
- Add more oil while frying at the last if it gets stuck to the kadai.