Yellow watermelon juice is a treat to eyes with the lovely color of yellow, different from regular red watermelon, with same taste and goodness of watermelon.
I came to know about yellow watermelon only through my friend Sangeeta, then immediately bought the melon. After long time now, I made this yellow watermelon juice again and thought of posting.
Yellow watermelon tastes similar to the red ones. But it is more sweeter and have a hint of honey kind of flavor. Otherwise if you like the red watermelon, then you can go ahead with this one as well.
How to choose?
I look for dry yellowish vine like things running over the watermelon. They even have a pale dry patch. These are rip and best to choose.
Packed with nutrients and low in calories, these make a great snack as such. But we can always fancy the recipes by swapping red with yellow. Be it juice or salad, it will be very fascinating to use it, grabbing all the attention.
Do you know?
- Yellow watermelons we the first to be cultivated, later the red variety emerged as a hybrid, with more lycopene concentration, giving it a pink hue.
- So, it's not a GMO variety! (Like I assumed ;))
- Otherwise both watermelons look the same from outside. Both can be bought with seeds or seedless version as well.
Yellow watermelon juice
Equipments (Amazon Affiliate links)
- ¼ Yellow watermelon
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice optional - From half of a lemon
- 2 teaspoon Honey/ sugar
- Deseed the chilled melon and scoop the flesh and blend it along with sugar/honey and mix lemon juice in it.
- If you want clear, strain it through a metal strainer.
- I suggest to keep the fruit refrigerated to have a cold drink.
- Lemon gives a good twist to avoid bland taste and smell of watermelon.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Deseed the melon and scoop the flesh and blend it along with sugar/honey and mix lemon juice in it. If you want clear, strain it through a metal strainer.
Pour over ¾th glass filled with ice cubes and enjoy!