I actually tried this recipe twice. Since this was the first experience in making a brownie, the first time I was not sure if the consistency was right,I baked for right time and so on. Also the recipe had a measurement of water that said ‘approx.’ That was not a good sign for a beginner baker like me! So the first time,having the cake batter’s consistency in my mind,I almost doubled the water and you can guess the end result of the brownie. Though it tasted good,I was not at all happy with the texture…
Then I asked few of my friends who have brownie baking experience and they made me clear with few points. So I was finding opportunity to try again. Then soon I tried it again with less water as mentioned and the tip ‘bake for more time and till the crust becomes crisp’ from Vibaa worked out for this recipe. I baked for more time and waited till the crust was formed well. Now I realized what mistake I did before, I just inserted a tooth pick and when it came out clean I stopped baking even before the mentioned time in the original recipe! That was a big big mistake. I think its all in the game when we try a new venture/recipe !! As sharmi always tell to me, I have to buy smaller baking pans to try more frequently…
|Plain flour/all purpose flour/Maida||1 & 1/4 cup|
|Choco powder(Hershey’s)||1/3 cup|
|Chopped walnuts||2 – 3 tblsp|
|Baking powder||3/4 tsp|
|Curd||3/4 cup minus 2 tblsp|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tsp|
|Mixed fruit Jam||1 & 1/2 tblsp|
- Pre heat the oven to 190 o C.
- Sieve the Choco powder with flour and baking powder twice,to ensure even mixing.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add curd,jam,milk and essence and beat well until everything gets mixed well.
- Add the sieved flour+choco+baking powder and the chopped walnuts.
- Mix until everything gets mixed well.The batter will be thick.
- Grease a square baking tray,dust it with four and pour the batter into it.
- Bake it for at least 35 – 40 minutes or until the top crusts forms well.
- Cool it for 5 mins and trim the edges,cut to desired shape and enjoy one when it is warm still !!
Sending this to Divya’s on going brownie event,in her space. Me too waiting for the event round up to hop on the brownie collections!!