Baked pasta muffins is a delicious fun to make kid's dish they would enjoy eating as well as making. Cheese, pasta and vegetables or spinach combo.
Some recipes just push us to try it out immediately. This baked pasta muffins or Baked macaroni and cheese cupcakes is one such recipe, which just gave me so much energy to try it out immediately when I watched Giada’s show in Food Network channel.
She made this along with kids and the show was really enjoyable and cute with the kids.
Obviously Aj too was tempted and wanted to make it. So you can see him making in the stepwise pictures😎.
So this is fun and easy enough for your kids too to try. Do let them make when they are at home in holidays.
They will sure enjoy making and enjoy eating this delicious pasta, also they will be super proud that they made it 🙂
- Cook pasta as per package instructions with salt. Drain and keep aside. After cooled down, mix with grated mozzarella. Preheat oven at 190 deg. C. Grease a muffin pan with olive oil. Dust it with bread crumbs generously. Tap off the excess crumbs. Fill with the pasta/cheese mix.
- Top with the vegetables of your choice. I used broccoli, spinach(both blanched) and onion,tomato and capsicum. I used broccoli in 2, spinach in 2 separately and onion tomato capsicum together in 2 muffins. Top again with mozzarella if you want, or just with the parmesan.
- Then sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over every muffin and drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Bake this for 15 – 18 minutes or until a golden crust is formed. Cool down for 4 minutes and spoon out each one carefully.
Your kids or even you would love to dig in this one. Great snack time treat! You can sprinkle over the chilli flakes if you want it spicy.
Baked pasta muffins
- ½ cup Macaroni or any tiny pasta shape
- ½ cup Grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoon Grated parmesan
- ¼ cup Bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Chopped vegetables, spinach
- ½ teaspoon Dry Italian herb oregano, basil
- 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes optional
- Cook pasta as per package instructions with salt. Drain and keep aside.
- After cooled down, mix with grated mozzarella. Preheat oven at 190 deg. C.
- Grease a muffin pan with olive oil. Dust it with bread crumbs generously. Tap off the excess crumbs. Fill with the pasta/cheese mix.
- Top with the vegetables of your choice. I used broccoli, spinach(both blanched) and onion,tomato and capsicum. I used broccoli in 2, spinach in 2 separately and onion tomato capsicum together in 2 muffins.
- Top again with mozzarella if you want, or just with the parmesan.
- Then sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over every muffin and drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Bake this for 15 – 18 minutes or until a golden crust is formed.
- Cool down for 4 minutes and spoon out each one carefully.
- I have made this 2-3 times and the first time I dint dust the muffin pan initially with bread crumbs (when I clicked these stepwise pictures). Then realized its necessary for a nice crusty layer that helps in holding the shape too. So don't skip that step.
- You can mix as less as ¼ cup cheese with the pasta. This cheese also helps in binding the pasta together and hold its shape.Me and Aj liked every topping in this. But you can use your favourite vegetable for topping that you think will go well in this recipe.
- Depending upon the oven model, the baking time may vary. So bake until you get a crusty golden coloured top.
Too Good Raji! I'm sure if my daughter sees this she'll want me to make it for her immediately 🙂
Wow that's nice to have pasta in the form of muffins.Surely kids would love to do this.
Good treat for kids:)
lovely..will try that soon.
Great kids recipe... Will try soon
Yummy, so simple and easy. You know what I am gonna try this Sunday...chilli cheese toast and chocolate cake and my little boy will assist me. 🙂 I came across a blog on Sunday baking with kids...the blog is called Humpty Bumpty Kids...it has truly inspired me.
Unbelivably kid friendly dish!!! kids would just love to do and eat this!!!! bookmarking it!!!
Ongoing Event - SYF & HWS - Ginger
too good and too hard to resist
Happy New Year Raji! Perfect snack and pictures are very tempting.
wow so innovative.. this shd be awesome n yumm
Fab clicks and cute looking pasta!lovely
How Wow Raks this is great. I need to make these too. Great way for cranky tiffin boxes
Such a simple and yum recipe....love to give it a try.....
Easy & Yummy treat for kids.
Please do visit my space and leave your comments too.
Thats a nice post raji,that last picture is a killer with oozing cheese
Love the stepwise with Aj 🙂 pasta muffins looks very tempting and lovely idea too!
Nice to c Aj kutty's making:) Lovely post :)will try for raksha 🙂
Chella KS Nathan
very innovative and tempting:)
Simple and excellent pasta muffins, prefect for lazy dinner.
awesome!.. nothing is more comforting than cheesy goodness
Great recipe for kids! even we can enjoy it 🙂
Hey Raks, Happy New Year to you and your family!!! Yes, I have seen that show too and I also have made this 🙂 my kid and my hubby dear loved it... very cute recipe right... as usual, lovely pictures 🙂
Drooling here Raks. Aj made it perfectly. Cheese and pasta attract not only kids, but also adults too. looks yumm and Happy New Year Raks!!!
Happy New year Raji. I made these today after reading your post. they turned out fabulous. i have posted it in my space.Thanks a tons for sharing this lovely recipe. Do visit my post in your free time
Love the love pasta muffins. I usually make the same thing in a big pan for a quick lunch or dinner. Like the use of the muffin pan for this.
This is absolutely kids and adults favorite. I too make this as minis as well as in big tray.. this is absolutely good one for b'day parties and potluck too.
beautiful click.. n presentation.. looks so yumm
a killer dish! Great pictures too.
lovely dish. muffins look so delicious and definitely a kid favorite.
Happy new year to you and your family!
Yummy to the tummy
Just 10 min before I was watching it in my tv lovely muffin right was thinking of making it along with her raspberry sherbet.Beautiful click dear.
What a great and fun idea!
wow... the muffins look fantastic...
Wish you a very happy new year...
Totally yummy.. kids will love this!
Wish you a Happy New Year!
loved this..such a fun idea
Looks fabulous pasta muffins, amazing a must try recipe dear.
just a wow recipe, let me know if I can publish this in my DnS magazine.
Wow! Pasta muffins!!! Very innovative!
Awesome recipe. I will add sun dried tomato and spinach to it and kids will love it.
gr8 idea with AJ i love the photo that he lifts the muffin ! too good
food with kids ...its really friendly n inviting recipe...must try...
Baked macaroni looks awesome and yum! absolutely kids love them...
xummy muffins.looks so crunchy
Congratulations! your recipe is published in DNS magazine
Delicious!! Loving these muffins.
Very interesting kids friendly recipe. Nicely done and so sweet of Ajay to help u
Looks amazingly delicious. Should try it out soon!
Love the new look on your blog 🙂
Wow tht's easy n lukg YUM..will try it soon..ur Blog's new luk is Fantastic Raks..Happy new Yr.
Very different raks! ! Kuttu too loves to help me in baking if it is his favorite recipe, I think he would definitely love this !!!!
What a delicious recipe! Ideal for kids! My son loved it!
Thank you for all the lovely recipes!! I have become a lot better in cooking Indian food because of you 🙂
i tried this recipe for my kids.
after eating this muffins my kid is saying "mama, this is very nice." even my husband also like this.
thanks for this yummy delicious recipe.
I tried it yday and the taste was simply awesome 🙂 but i had a few problems with the macaroni as it did not stick together. The bread crumbs also did not form a solid base. Wat could have gone wrong. Pls help me out
Mix more cheese next time with pasta. Do not mix pasta with oil as it prevents sticking together. Mozzarella is recommended as it helps binding. Add more bread crumbs at the bottom next time and try . Hope I helped you a bit.
Thanks Raks 🙂 Will incorporate ur tips next time and let u know how it turns out 🙂
Just wondering did you use actual parmesan or another vegetarian hard cheese?
I used store bought grated parmesan cheese
Just asked as parmesan cheese is not suitable for vegetarians as it is made using animal rennet.
Amazing recipe! Will surely try it out 🙂
Kids will love this.........Yummy recipe..:-)
hey can u please tell me if i can make this recipe in the microwave............
what is temperature we have to bake
Baking temperature is same as preheated temperature always - 190 deg C
Can i make this before some hrs of party? Will it remain crispy?
Yes hoping so
This recipe was very tempting and I tried it today. Taste was awesome but it didn't hold the shape. Should we pack it too tight?
This is awesome .. Very tempting ..!! Defintely will give a try..
Raks , Will this dish work for lunch box ???
I guess it will work, haven't tried though.
Hi , thank you for the wonderful recipe. Instead of parmesan cheese can i use mozzarella cheese fully?
Yeah sure 🙂